- The best chocolate milk I’ve ever had. It’s not just chocolate-flavored; it’s DARK chocolate-flavored. So it has this slightly bittersweet undertone that’s magnificent.
I’m not sure why it’s called a milk protein shake. I’ve checked the ingredients, and there’s no added protein. So the protein in this “protein shake” is just what you get from regular ol’ milk. Whatever. It tastes stupendous, and won an award for it. Who gives awards for best chocolate milk and why am I not a judge?
- I’m so awful at decorating. I don’t seem to be affected by having blank walls, which is why after the past two years in my new house, I’ve yet to do very much decorating. Luckily, I recently found this awesome canvas map ($160). It has just the right balance of vintage-y goodness but still has bright colors. God, HomeGoods just take all my money, why don’t you?
- Enjoying all of Linda Holmes’ writing at her pop culture blog, Monkey See. I especially enjoyed one of her latest posts on Captain America: Civil War; she made an interesting connection to Hamilton, and we all know how much I love Hamilton, having never seen it, but am listening to it non-stop on Spotify.
4. I discovered this body scrub at TJ Maxx, and I’ve used it every day since. I don’t think it actually exfoliates particularly well: the grains are too sparse to be effective. But it smells wonderful: sweet, slightly florally and musky, and not overpowering.
- One of my favorite comedians, Mike Birbiglia, is directing and starring in a new movie with some other awesome actors (Gillian Jacobs, Keegan-Michael Key). “Don’t Think Twice” is playing at the Magnolia on July 10. Aaaaand there’s even a special Q&A with Mike Birbiglia himself!
I learned about the Coppell Farmer’s Market from a co-worker, and I’m glad to report it’s ridiculously kid-friendly, with a big playground and a splashzone for the kids.