My friend Sunita and I are huge Google Keep fans. And why not? It’s just so dang pretty and organized.
- A note can be converted to a checklist, which is great for recipes
- A note can have a picture at the top. Not really necessary, but I like the way it transforms the appearance, and just makes it more aesthetically appealing.
- You can change the color of the note to make it easier to organize visually
- Drag-and-drop interface
- Notes are shareable with anyone who has a Gmail account
- Able to add labels to each note
- Easy to switch between Google Accounts, if you’re like me and you have more than one.
- You can condense the checklists to only show the unchecked boxes. I like this feature, because I usually check off the ingredients I already have on-hand all the time, and it makes it easy to glance at the recipe and see what’s left to add to the weekly grocery list.
- You can’t have a note be a checklist and free-text. Maybe a future product feature?
- No automatic color-coding based on label. It would be nice to color-code all notes labeled “Recipe Fail” as red.
- You can’t easily search for those notes that you haven’t labeled yet (Tweeted it, no response yet)
Have you used Google Keep? How do you do recipe management? Let me know in the comments!