Hey you. Yeah, you. I know your secret cleaning shame. You don’t wash your jeans until there’s a stain on it. Or you’ve febrezed your kid’s daycare blanket instead of washing it. Or you don’t change your sheets as often as you should. Or you skip showers on Saturday mornings, swearing you’ll take one later. Whatever it is, I’m totally cool with it. And it can be our little secret. Nobody has to know what your cleaning shame is in the privacy of your own home.
Except now you’re at work and you need to clean your coffee mug. And God, you just want to hurry up and have a cup of coffee already, and really, who the hell wants to roll up their sleeves and use an ancient soggy sponge?
This is where I’m here to help. And I won’t judge because this lazy cleaning method is what I do, like a filthy vagrant.
- Keep an extra spray bottle at work, and fill with water, dish soap, and vinegar (see recipe below).
- Spray it liberally into the coffee mug, and then swirl hot water around in it.
- If there are stubborn stains, go after it with paper towel and repeat spray and swirl. (If it’s still icky, grab a sponge and attack it the traditional way).
The nice thing is that this soap-vinegar-hot-water method gets it squeaky clean most of the time.
Why does this work? It’s the vinegar, duh. It’s great at removing obnoxious smells. Plus it’s best feature is that it cuts down the sudsiness of the dish soap, so that it’s easier to rinse.
Cheater Dish-Safe Cleaning Solution
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tsp of Dawn or other liquid dishwashing soap
What cleaning sins do you hide? Confess to me in the comments.